The charity that hastens to proclaim its good deeds, ceases to be charity, and is only pride and ostentation.
-- William Hutton
Don't be sweet, lest you be eaten up; don't be bitter, lest you be spewed out.
-- Jewish Proverb
I'm very pleased with each advancing year. It stems back to when I was forty. I was a bit upset about reaching that milestone, but an older friend consoled me. 'Don't complain about growing old - many, many people do not have that privilege.'
-- Earl Warren, Chief Justice
Nobody has things just as he would like them. The thing to do is to make a success with what material I have. It is a sheer waste of time and soulpower to imagine what I would do if things were different. They are not different.
-- Dr. Frank Crane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment